Degree Requirements and Academic Policies Help:
Obtaining accurate information regarding degree requirements and academic policies and procedures is critical. This can help students make timely progress toward their degree. To obtain assistance in selecting and registering for classes, or with other academic issues, students should make an appointment to see an advisor. The following is a list of the Cal Poly college advising centers and other academic advising resources:
- Agriculture, Food & Environmental Sciences: Students are to contact their respective departments
- Architecture & Environmental Design: Bldg. 5, Room 221, 756-1325
- Business: Bldg. 3, Room 100A, 756-2601
- Engineering: Bldg. 40, Room 111, 756-1461
- Liberal Arts: Bldg. 47, Room 31, 756-2359
- Science and Mathematics: Bldg. 53, Room 219, 756-2615
- Student Academic Services: Bldg. 52, 756-2301
- Mustang Success Center: Bldg. 52, Room D37, (805) 756-6211
Academic Support Services:
The following is a list of academic support services offered by various departments on campus. Whether you want to strive to get the best grade possible or you are struggling in a particular subject, these resources can be beneficial.
- Academic Skills Center: Offers students a variety of retention and support services, including the Study Skills Library (online)
Building 35, Room 112, 756-1256
- College of Engineering Tutoring: One-on-one drop-in tutoring available for engineering, math, and science courses.
- Disability Resource Center (DRC): Assists students with disabilities: note taking, transportation, etc.
Building 124, 756-1395
- Free Tutoring Resources: Free tutoring offered by various departments, clubs and organizations.
- Multicultural Agricultural Program (MAP): Provides tutoring and other academic and personal support to students of all cultural backgrounds.
Building 10, Room 202, 756-2627
- Multicultural Engineering Program (MEP): Builds an academic support community and provides the necessary bridges for students to succeed academically and professionally.
Building 40, Room 117, 756-1433
- OCOB Student Success Center: Offers students tutoring and career/internship advising.
Building 3, Room 300B, 756-2601
- TRIO Achievers: Helps enhance academic skills, increase retention and graduation rates, and offers free tutoring for eligible students.
Building 124, Room 119, 756-1395
- Study Session Program: Facilitator led study groups for lower division classes to help students with their course content.
- Supplemental Workshops in Math (SWM): Facilitator led workshops to help with concept enhancement, mock tests, and Q&A sessions.
- Supplemental Workshops in Science (SWS): Facilitator led workshops to help students with important concepts, study strategies, etc.
- Writing Skill Program: Provides free, one-on-one assistance in the Writing Lab; administers the Graduation Writing Requirement and Writing Proficiency Examination.
Building 10, Room 130, 756-2067